Sunday, February 28, 2016

Anyone Can Cook: Pesto Pasta

For those who don't know, I'm a big Disney fan.

I had to do a project on him in 3rd grade as a famous Chicagoan and have watched almost all his movies since the beginning of time - it grew from there and never stopped.

Taking a cue from a Chef Gusteau (Ratatouille), one important thing I have to remember while being in the country of food is simply this; "anyone can cook".

With this in mind, I am no expert. I throw things I think work well or attempt a Pinterest find and hope it goes well.

Since I am taking a few cooking classes here, I thought, why not share the (learning) wealth?

I'm going to start a little series called Anyone Can Cook along with what I'll be making. I started this blog to be able to not just show fashion, but all aspects of life - including the one I am currently working on which is cooking!

Without further adieu, here it goes! Comment what you think and let me know if you try it!

One thing I cooked last night that is so easy (and so delicious!) is pasta with pesto and cheese.

I'm not a huge meat sauce person so pesto was a great alternative to add flavor.

Here are the items you'll need for this dish:

1 quarter of a box of pasta (whatever kind you want to use! I chose Penne Rigate)

a dash of pesto (can pick it up at any supermarket for cheap)

parmesan cheese (either already in a container or a block to grate)

drizzle of olive oil

pinch of salt & pepper

grater (optional)

bowl

pot & cover

stirrer

strainer

fork

Step 1: Take the pot and fill halfway with water, drizzle in olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Cover with a top on the stove, set to medium heat and wait until it boils.

Step 2: Once boiling, pour the pasta in and stir and change the heat setting to a little bit lower. Wait 10 minutes and check the pasta by stirring it and pulling one out; if its still hard, give it another 5 minutes, if not its ready!

Step 3: Strain the pasta over the sink and move it to a bowl. Pour the pesto on top and a dash of pepper. Mix well.

Step 4: Grate the cheese (or pour if already powdery) on top of the pasta. Mix well.

Step 5: Serve & eat - you're done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a question or just something to say? Post it here!